Preschool Teaching Assistant - x2
Required for –
Term 3 start
January 1 2024
Salary Point -
pro rata per annum
Contract type –
8.30am-3pm 4 days a week
(with 30 minutes unpaid for lunch)
About the role: We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a committed and enthusiastic pre-school worker to join our preschool team. We have a growing preschool as part of our wider Early Years offer. The preschool team work closely with our reception class team so being a ‘good team member’ is essential.
What does the role involve?
- Under the direction of the preschool manager, ensure the effective running of the preschool in accordance with the OFSTED and Statutory Framework requirements, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- To ensure the emotional, educational and physical well-being of the children entrusted in to the care of the pre-school.
- To work effectively under the direction of the preschool and alongside all the pre-school staff.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates the following:
- Has high expectations of teaching and learning
- To be a positive role model
- To contribute to the positive ethos of the preschool and wider school
- Be able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults
- Be keen to develop as a professional
- A minimum of NVQ Level 2 qualification in Childcare, Education or Child Development or equivalent
- Previous, recent experience in a similar education setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
For an application pack, please visit the school website or call Angie Riley in the school office on 01869 690296. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Please note we can only accept CVs as supporting documentation when submitted along with a fully completed school application form which can be downloaded below.
All schools within the Warriner Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please be aware that, we may carry out an online search, on shortlisted candidates only, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education in order identify any incidents or concerns which are publicly available online. The Warriner Multi Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer. It is an offence to apply for certain roles within schools if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
A job description and application form are available from our website www.gravenhillprimary.school or Angie Riley, Office manager at email@example.com
Closing date for applications – midday, Friday 8th December
Interviews – Thursday 14th December.